Saturday 15 May 2010

The Best Summer Cocktail... for only 2.5 points

Ahh, the Mojito.
This is a long, strong cocktail and good value for the points. Easy for me to make because I have a) a lot of mint growing in my garden and b) an electric citrus juice squeezer. Which makes the tedious task of lime squeezing a mere flick of the wrist. Good job I don't have an ice crusher too, or I would drink nothing else!

You will need: (makes 1)
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 60 ml white rum
  • 30 ml lime juice
  • sprigs of mint, leaves & stalk
  • handfuls of crushed ice
  • soda water to fill glass

Muddle the mint and the sugar together in the bottom of a glass, I used the wrong end of the wooden spoon, until the mint has wilted and combined with the sugar. Stir in the lime juice and rum. Put in your crushed ice - I crushed ice cubes by wrapping them in a tea towel and beating them with a rolling pin, which is also very effective anger management... - and then top up with the soda water. Drink through straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment