Friday 14 May 2010

Cold Hungry Blues

It's not the control freak in me that makes me dislike my partner cooking my midweek dinner for me - alright, maybe it is a little bit. No, the reason I have to let it him do it sometimes is simply that in our house, the person who cooks doesn't wash up. And my partner hates to wash up.
So, essentially what we have is someone who doesn't enjoy cooking as much as me, can't do it as well as me and doesn't take the same level of care as me, and won't provide an interesting or tasty meal for me simply so that he can avoid doing a chore that he dislikes more than cooking. Add this to the fact that I am on a diet and need to attend to the content and preparation my meals so that I am able to track them properly, my frustration as I watch him over the stove is palpable.
Its not that he can't cook. He really can, but he doesn't care about the cooking. Last night, he cooked pork chops, peas and mash. He didn't put the chops under the grill until the potatoes were cooked and he didn't put the peas on to cook until everything else was done.It wasn't seasoned properly and naturally my mashed potatoes were cold. My request to have no butter in my mash, was met with an internal eye-roll (my partner is a master at this) and a 'you're on a diet then?'. I don't know why I dislike talking to my partner about being on a diet. All I know, is if I had cooked it, he wouldn't have known either way.  Am I a spoilt bitch? Maybe. I know lots of women have to do the cooking and the washing up. But I did do the washing up after eating a fairly crappy meal and I didn't bang the pots and pans around in a passive-aggressive way. Just saying.

Otherwise, the diet is going alright. I haven't gone over my points yet and I've not had any binges. Its only been 5 days but it's something. I haven't eaten anything out of head hunger. I've weighed myself every day (bad, bad) and I've not shown much of a loss . I'm not counting either way since Monday, so I guess it doesn't matter too much yet. I want a significant loss though. That's what first weeks on a diet are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment